Thursday, December 23, 2004
Verdict for Lawry's Prime Ribs:
Ambience ***1/2
Food ***
Service ***
The place looked really classy, ushers greeted us the moment we stepped in which makes me feel rich.. Ambience was good except that the chairs were kinda unstable.. We were all wondering wat's the Dresscode Signage is for when they let an *ang moh* in bermudas into the resturant.. Service was a minus point as most of the waiters were young with extreme hairdo.. Some of the bits even flew onto me when a waitress was mixing the salad.. Guess these students still needs some professional b4 they can work in resturants of fine dining..
My eyes were like 'WOW' when I saw the price on the menu.. Price range for set lunches were from $40.00 to $130.00!! Didn't wan to burn a hole in Boss's pocket and chose the cheapest set, BBQ Prime Ribs Skewers with Salad as the Appetiser.. The Salad was one of the best in town, juicy and served chill.. Even the plates and fork were cold to enhance the freshness of the dish.. However, I got turned off on the main dish.. I have a hard time trying to chew their specality Prime Ribs as they were too hard.. Alex's Ribeye was too fatty and difficult to swallow.. Boss was not happy with the presentation of her sandwich as well as the bread were those normal hotdog bread which is not to fine dining expectation.. Fenisa Tenderloin was average with a 'messy' presentation.. Surprisely, the fish tasted much better and I tink they shld change their name to *Lawry's Prime Fish* instead.. haha..
Dessert was chocolate cake which was average and I din try the coffee.. Still prefers Four Leaves Excotic Choc thou.. Anyway, we kinda 'complained' when the manager came over to ask for feedbacks.. Instead of explaining or apologising, he just mumbled sumtink and walk away.. Big turn off!!
This is not what I expected and I wouldn't recommand this resturant if you guys wanna try fine-dining..
Thumbs down~
Poisonivy on 12/23/2004 10:15:00 AM
|