Monday, September 20, 2004
Gathering on Saturday~
Had a mini gathering at Sobb's plc in the evening. It was supposed to be a pizza party but we ended up eating Sobb's hubby's ^ba ku teh^ instead. It was really great thou!! I helped Sobb in the kitchen preparing the long-waited fondue chocolate sauce, we were so happy that the sauce turned out to be surperb!! Imagine Hagen-daz sells a pot with fruits at $15 per pax but u can actually use this $$ to make a big big pot for 10pax with fruits as well. Anyway the fondue was really really great (not too sweet but tastes good) and I can't wait to show my skills for my chocoholic frens to try!! We really had a great time chatting, watching Sobb's wedding on tape , laughing all the way. I will really miss this bunch of colleagues when they left the Hotel.
Yanwei's wedding on Sunday~
Our long-waited wedding of the year. This cousin whom I've known all my life is getting married!! Games we played n how we tricked our parents and taunt school in our younger days were still fresh in my mind. All this seems like yesterday and you can imagine how I feel when I saw her in her wedding gown. Anyway, I'm really happy that she will be spending the rest of her life with the one she loved and of coz her husband is really nice to her thou his abit *Beng*..
Speaking of *Beng*, I'm so pissed off with the groom's ^brothers^ whom were so un-gentlemen throughout the morning ceremony. The bride's ^sisters^ were guarding the gate and while we are still negotiating the *ang bao* price, they just crushed the gate n rushed in!! One of them actually stepped on my little toe so hard that it bleeds. *sob sob* Tink they thaw they were going to those *gang fights* thats y they were really rough on us.. Once a *Beng*, always a *Beng*!!
I'm so tired after the morning session. Went home, bath, go salon for my hair n went straight to the Hotel. I'm so happy when my relatives said that I'm really pretty. *haha* But this might means that I'm super ugly when I'm young!!
I have the honour to be one of the two emcess during the dinner. I was really really nervous and you guessed it, I made a fool out of myself again!! My speech was okie during the cake cutting session but went *ga-bra* during the champage pouring session. I said "Let's welcome the newly-weds for the cake cutting instead of champage pouring ceremony"!! U can imagine how *snook* everybody looked.. *haha* At the end of the dinner, pple remember me as the @sotong@ emcee. I had so much fun and it was definately one of the most memorable monemts for me. So anyone interested or should I say DARE to engage me as emcees for their wedding dinners let me know yah.
Lastly, I got tonnes of relatives asking me when am I getting married. They were like "Yanwei is younger and she's married already, so when is your turn?" My god..
To all Aunties and Uncles, I love to get married too but the time is not ripe yet. I'm still young and wants to concentrate on my career first. No $$ No Honey!!
Muahahahahahaha!! :p
Poisonivy on 9/20/2004 02:28:00 PM
|