Thursday, August 19, 2004
Having been bloggin for awhile and Hui is bragging me to write sumtink.. So guess I shall write about my *hApPeNiNg jOb*..
I've beginning to tink that I'm a really ~suai~ person.. I've been job hopping since graduating from last June.. None of my jobs can last for more then 0.5yrs then I say bye bye le.. Will tell u guys more abt my ^sucky^ working life..
1. QS - Sales & Marketing Executive (Stayed 6mth)
Guess wat I wore for my interview? Spag top n shorts!! *haha* Was actually enjoying myself @ my class chalet when they called me up for interview. So I went down, interview & got myself a job!! It's a very young company with only 3 pple when I joined. Into electric components trading business. I was totally green in that industry n was really struggling. Telemarketing, meeting clients n suppliers had really transformed me from a shy shy girl to now a *loudspeaker*.. It was a really good training ground as I've really learnt alot of tinks.. But too bad the boss is sucky and I din really get along with him.. I don't like him scolding vulagur language to me & he dun like my attitude.. So in the end, we sat down n had a good talk and both agreed that I should move on..
2. BG - Recruitment Consultant (Stayed 5mths)
This is a job that I've been dreaming of.. So when they offered me only $700 for the first 3mths, I took it w/o much tinking even when my family n frenz kinda tink I shld join JobsDB instead.. I've learnt alot of interpersonal/communication skills & I can proudly say that I'm an expert when it comes to drafting resumes & interviews.. *thick-skinned*
Too bad.. The management sucks big time!! They are so good on doing HR for pple but they have no idea how to manage their own staff. In the end, me and my fellow colleagues left there for good.. We later formed a group and will always meet up for our "Complain Gathering".. *haha* I really had fun working with the girls.. Will miss them de.. In fact, I'm going for a steamboat buffet with them later!! *yumyum*
3. MNS - Sales Coordiantor (current job, just got my confirmation letter)
Notice that my designation was from highest to lowest? *haha* Such a disgrace!! After the incident in BG, I've decided that maybe I shld start from the bottom so that I can learn all the correct ropes b4 going into sales. My boss assured me that there's definately career prospects in this line as most of the pple including himself starts from the bottom. The benefits n pay was not bad lar.. Just that I won't be entitled any commission.. Everythink was fine at first (Everyday go home 6pm sharp.. No stress.. Not challenging.. Just admin duties *sigh*) but I would say that this Hotel is in a hovac situation now.. Due to some management conflicts, my boss as well as my big boss are both leaving.. Like wat pple will say, when the boss leaves, the team leaves too.. Our sales team is intending to move on, leaving me behind.. My boss told me to stay here & continue to learn as I'm not affected.. Guess I've to stay put and wait till my bonus comes le..
*haiz*.. Shld I cry or shld I laugh at myself? Working life really sucks..
~I MISS SCHOOL~
Poisonivy on 8/19/2004 03:22:00 PM
|